Apply for this computer science teaching role at an Ofsted Outstanding School based in Borehamwood without an application form!
Contract: Permanent Full Time
Salary: MPS/UPS London Fringe
We are currently seeking a computer science teacher to join this outstanding School, computing is very popular at GCSE level and A-Level here and the successful candidate will have the opportunity to teach at both GCSE and A-level if they wish to, and to make a real contribution to the development of the school.
- To plan and teach high quality lessons, ensuring that there is variety, challenge, and measurable progress in student learning.
- To ensure that appropriate differentiation of the curriculum is made to meet the needs of all levels of student ability.
- To demonstrate a commitment to employing strategies to improve your own teaching and learning and that of those within the faculty.
- Be committed to professional development and attend school INSET sessions, sharing gained knowledge and skills with others in the department.
- This job description should be seen as enabling rather than restrictive and will be subject to regular review.
What the school are looking for:
- An understanding of the Computing curriculum.
- Enjoy rising to the challenges inherent in a school environment.
- Lifelong learner committed to own professional development.
- The ability to work collaboratively with everyone in the school community, in
- particular the Enterprise and Digital Technologies Faculty
About the curriculum
The school aim to provide a wide range of opportunities, experiences, subjects, and courses that help pupils acquire knowledge, understanding and skills in all aspects of their education.
The curriculum is deliberately thought through and planned in terms of its intent, implementation and impact and is in line with the needs and aspirations of our pupils.
It is an ambitious curriculum, which has been designed purposefully.
In the last two years they have:
- Moved to an evidence-based approach to teaching and learning.
- Written new schemes of learning for every subject.
- Expanded the Personal development programme that we run.