We have lots of experience in helping teachers in the quest to find accommodation here in the UK and understand that everyone has different wants and needs.
Below is some general information about where might be a good place to start looking while you are still based at home.

If you are looking for your own property:

Of course, many people may prefer to live alone or are coming with a family, and if this is the case for you then you may want to look for a property to rent out on your own. This will be more costly than a house share but if you really like your own space it could be worth it. You’re more likely to find such properties through estate agencies which and you can expect to normally pay at least a month's deposit and potentially a month’s rent in advance.

With this route, especially if renting through an agency, you will have to go through some checks, such as your income, credit rating and a job reference, to ensure that you are able to afford and keep up with the payments.

If you are looking for a house share:

For many people who are looking independently for a home, flat or house sharing is an ideal option, not just for financial reasons, but for those who would like the company too.

It’s completely up to you how you want to go about this, as you can either look to join a house that already has tenants or you may want to look into finding other supply teachers in a similar position to yourself who you can live with.

If looking for house shares that are already set up, there are a number of really useful websites where you can search for your specific area and needs, such as costs etc.

The above is just general advice and the team here will be able to help you with specifics related to the location you are moving to, and often your school can help too. So please get in touch with your consultant with any further questions

Get in touch See our jobs

Whether you decide to rent your own place or are renting a room in a house share, you will be required to provide documentation to secure your new home!

Documents Required

  • Proof of Right to Work - Normally your Passport and/or Visa

  • Confirmation of Employment - This can be provided by iCan Teach UK or your school, depending on how you are employed

  • References - If you are relocating from overseas then you may be asked to provide referneces from landlords in your home country, although this isn't always required

Get in touch See our jobs



Teacher of English

Central Bedfordshire | £27000 - £50000 per annum


Drama Teacher

Guildford | £27000 - £50000 per annum


Design Technology Teacher

Maldon | £25000 - £41000 per annum


Science Teacher

Leatherhead | £27000 - £50000 per annum


Geography Teacher

Chelmsford | £25000 - £45000 per annum


Criminology Teacher

Surrey | £25000 - £50000 per annum


Teacher of Psychology

Buckinghamshire | £30000 - £45000 per annum


English Teacher

Northampton | £28000 - £38810 per annum +


Biology Teacher

Cambridgeshire | £28000 - £45000 per annum


Teacher of Music

Norfolk | £25000 - £35000 per annum + Negotiable


Teacher of Chemistry & Physics

Northamptonshire | £24000 - £45000 per annum + Dependent on experience


RE Teacher

Harlow | £25000 - £35000 per annum